Fri, Oct 27|
Mercado de Muertos 2023
Celebrate the day of the dead in beautiful downtown Watsonville. Enjoy family friendly activities, local arts vendors, community ofrendas, art installation and more October 27th from 3-7 pm. Coco screening in the plaza from 7:00 to 9.
Time & Location
Oct 27, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Watsonville, 335 Main St, Watsonville, CA 95076, USA
About the event
Attention all Vendors are Asked to Read This before applying:
Arte del Corazón was founded to support artists in the Watsonville area by providing opportunities to create, showcase, and sell their work. Our goal is to partner with local artists, businesses, churches, and community centers to support creativity and visibility throughout our community.
Qualifying vendors must meet the requirements below
- Artist/artisanal vendors must create at least 75% of what they sell and have full honesty with public for work that is resale or assembled.
- ***Creatively curated*** vendors; vendors who sell items purchased at fair trade value within their own well curated theme, this includes true vintage vendors, traditional crafts purchased at fair trade value, creative resale and quantity antiques vendors.
- Vendors with work deemed as cultural appropriation (creating/selling artwork/items/services based on or referencing a culture other than your own) will not be accepted
- We do not accept paparazzi jewelry vendors, vendors who sell plushies or cartoon character items as resale vendors, and vendors who sell clothing that is from well known brands or clothing known to be produced unethicaly.
- We do accept creative service providers; facepainters, fake tatoo artists, live custom air brush, live art and photography booths.
***Creatively: in an original or imaginative way.**
***Curated: carefully chosen and thoughtfully organized or presented.***
What we expect:
- All artists must be respectful to staff, customers and other artists throughout the vending process.
- We will do the majority of our communication via email. Please make sure to provide an email you check often
- Be aware we may call artists to discuss event details
- We ask that artists promote events on their social media accounts
- You will be asked to provide images of your work for promotion
- Artist may request a prefered location but placements are not be garanteed.
Questions or concerns please contact email@example.com or call/text (831)254-5969
Creative Vendor Application
Within 3-5 business days after applying, you will receive confirmation of application decision. 10 x 10 vending spaces are $60. Spaces may be shared, only members can share with other members to receive member discount on full space price. Canopies, tables, chairs etc. must be provided by vendors.
Food Vendor Application
Within 3-5 business days after applying, you will receive confirmation of application decision. 10 x 10 vending spaces are $75. Spaces may be shared, only members can share with other members to receive member discount on full space price. Canopies, tables, chairs etc. must be provided by vendors.